Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dhal fritters "Gato piment" recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dhal fritters "Gato piment" recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. For this reason we are going to be going over the healthy foods that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Yet another thing you will want to be sure of is that your eating enough of is your vegetables as this will in addition be able to have a good impact on your health. Potassium is among the things that you will discover in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the vegetables that can provide you with the potassium you need is broccoli. You will also discover that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you ought to take these tips to heart. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dhal fritters "gato piment" recipe. You can have dhal fritters "gato piment" using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dhal fritters "Gato piment":
- Take 250 gms of dhall (split pea or chan dhall).
- Provide 1-2 of Green chillies (depends of personal taste).
- Prepare 1 of dried chilli chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of roasted ground cumin powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Provide of Freshly chopped coriander.
- Provide of Few curry leaves – finely chopped.
- Provide of Fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Prepare Pinch of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare of Oil to fry.
- Get 1 of deep wok to deep fry.
Instructions to make Dhal fritters "Gato piment":
- Wash the dhal, soak in water either overnight or few hours until soften..
- Drain the water, leaving some still in the bowl. As you will need it when you start grinding the dhall..
- Divide the soaked dhall in three portion. Start grinding the dhall in batches. First part grind to a coarse texture (sand or semolina texture)..
- Second portion grind to a slight smoother texture..
- Third grind to a smooth creamy texture. You may add a little water in order to achieve that smoother texture..
- Place all in a mixing bowl..
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Season with salt and adjust accordingly..
- Shape into golf size uneven balls..
- Heat oil and start to deep fry in batches. The oil temperature has to be right otherwise it will burn on the outside and remain soggy inside..
- Fry until golden throughout and crusty outside..
- Remove and drain on a kitchen paper..
- Enjoy while still warm either on its own or with a chutney.
- I usually make a coriander chutney or simply with crusty bread – the Mauritian way..
Drain the water, leaving some still in the bowl. As you will need it when you start grinding the dhall. Divide the soaked dhall in three portion. Start grinding the dhall in batches. Dhal Fritters one of the most popular snacks (or street food) in Mauritius.
If you find this Dhal fritters "Gato piment" recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.