Indexlicious.com – Broccoli & Asparagus Soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you already have. Your house should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are many things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about losing weight. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli & asparagus soup recipe. To cook broccoli & asparagus soup you need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Take 1/3 of rd a head of broccoli florets,.
- Provide of The large stalk from a head of broccoli,.
- Use 230 ml of boiled water (filtered if possible),.
- Use 10 of spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,.
- Provide 200 ml of milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),.
- Get 1/2 of Vegetable stock cube,.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil,.
- Take 1/2 of an onion chopped finely,.
- Prepare of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Use of To serve:.
- You need 2 rashers of crispy fried bacon (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of crème fraiche or fat free quark,.
- Get 1 of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,.
- Use of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- Provide of Salt and ground black pepper to season.
- Use of Equipment Needed:.
- You need 1 of hand blender / blender.
Instructions to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the broccoli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil..
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the broccoli. Set aside the onions for the time being..
- Boil the broccoli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste..
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes..
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth..
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!.
Based on the Jewish version of a crustless quiche (kugel), it utilizes basic ingredients and easy to put together before popping it into the oven. Broccoli is a green vegetable that vaguely resembles a miniature tree. It belongs to the plant species known as Brassica oleracea. It's closely related to cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kale and. Broccoli is a cruciferous vegetable that belongs to the Brassica genus of plants.
If you find this Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.