Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are packed with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Now when it comes to the key food items that you have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating plenty of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. The beauty of salmon is that as well as other nutrients additionally it is loaded with Omega-3. Then when it comes to lean protein, you should bear in mind that you only have to have about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. In addition before preparing your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
Following a few of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup recipe. You can cook hearty vegan split-pea and lentil soup using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- Prepare 1 cup of dried split peas.
- Take 1/2 cup of green lentils.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of yellow lentils.
- Take 2/3 cup of barley.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 medium of onions.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Get 5 medium of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup:
- If possible, do this step ahead. If not, start here and disregard the times mentioned in this step: Rinse peas and lentils well and leave in water (together in one bowl) to soak for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. Prepare barley similarly and soak separately for 30 minutes..
- Place large (8L) pressure cooker or 5L pot on med-high heat. When pot is warm, add olive oil. Meanwhile coarsely chop onion and add to pot after olive oil. Saute for 5-8 minutes till clear. While onions cook, peel carrots and slice into 1/4 inch "pennies"..
- Chop garlic and add to onion. Saute till fragrant..
- Drain peas and lentils and add to pot. Mix well and let cook together until very fragrant, about 3-5 minutes..
- For pressure cooker: Add carrots to pot. Rinse barley, add to pot and cook together for 1-2 minutes. Add 3L water (or double the height of the peas). In any case do not exceed pot limit. Season, cover and cook at med-high heat for 40 minutes (after achieving pressure). Turn off heat, leave pot closed for another 30 minutes..
- For regular pot: Add carrots to pot and cook for two minutes. Add water till three times the height of the peas, or about 1.5 inches from pot rim. Season, bring to a boil and cook for 3 hours. Rinse barley, add to pot and continue to cook another 35 mins – 1 hour..
- Best enjoyed after resting overnight or at least 2 hours..
When done cooking, remove the lid and stir in the spinach, parsley and lime juice. Stovetop: In large dutch oven or pot, heat water/olive oil over medium heat. In soup pot, sauté onion in oil until soft. Add celery, carrot bay leaves and parley. Add the tomatoes (and their juices), red lentils, split peas and the Imagine Organic Vegetable Broth and bring to a boil.
If you find this Hearty Vegan Split-Pea and Lentil Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.