Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mulligatawny soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mulligatawny soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. Because of this we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a good effect on your health.
Citrus fruit will be one of the best things that you can have for your desserts, rather than having a piece of cake or even ice cream. All of the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are also required for looking after your health. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mulligatawny soup recipe. To make mulligatawny soup you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mulligatawny soup:
- Use 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentil), soaked for an hour.
- Provide 1/4 cup of brown rice, soaked for an hour.
- Provide 1 of apple, chopped.
- Take 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut milk (room temperature).
- Take 1 tbsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 4-5 cups of water / vegetable stock.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Use 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Take 1 of juice of 1 lemon.
- Take 1 tbsp. of fried onions.
Steps to make Mulligatawny soup:
- Soak the dal and rice in sufficient water for an hour..
- Heat oil and saute the onion till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, and all the dry spice powders mixed with a little water. Saute till oil separates from the sides of the pan..
- Add the chopped apple, soaked tuvar dal, soaked rice…..
- …… and the stock..
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles..
- When cool, blend to a puree. Simmer on medium flame till it comes to a boil. Switch off the flame and add the coconut milk and lemon juice..
- Serve, garnished with coriander leaves & fried onions for an exciting light meal..
Thick, creamy and comforting, this soup will drive away the chill of late fall and winter days. Nothing like soup to beat the chill in the air. According to Wikipedia, the original version of mulligatawny soup recipe consisted of a broth from lentils, fried onions and curry powder. Today it typically describes a thickened soup that is strongly spiced with curry powder and nutmeg. Often you will also see vegetables, nuts and rice added.
If you find this Mulligatawny soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.