Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. You should also understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you will get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nutrition. On this page we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain in good health.
Although most of you have been told again and again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a very good reason why. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables in addition have potassium. One of the vegetables which will supply you with the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
For those who want to start living a healthier life the tips above are able to help you do that. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can find in any store is also not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea ham soup recipe. You can cook split pea ham soup using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Provide of In Dutch Oven.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 cup of chopped onion.
- Get 1 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 clove of chopped garlic.
- Prepare 2 cup of dried green split peas (rinsed and sorted through to insure no little rocks are going in your soup).
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of Vegeta (seasoned vegetable salt).
- Use 8 cup of chicken broth.
- Take 1 of dried bayleaf.
- Use 1 lb of smoked kielbasa, cut into large chunks. so its easy to remove before blending soup. Slice up after cooking.
Steps to make Split Pea Ham Soup:
- Sautee butter, oil, celery, carrot, onion and garlic over medium heat, until onions are translucent..
- Add chicken broth, green split peas, bayleaf and vegeta.
- Add smoked kielbasa.
- Bring up to boil, then reduce to a low simmer. Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, covered, stirring occasionally (or until peas are somewhat falling apart and tender).
- NOW I like my soup a little chunky, but some like it completely blended. I just use my immersion (stick) blender and pulse it a few times, until I reach a desired consistency. You can use a blender too, if you would like. REMOVE BAYLEAF AND MEAT BEFORE BLENDING.
- Slice up kielbasa. Add back to soup. Enjoy!.
- You can substitute smoked ham hock, cubed ham steak, reg sausage…whatever you choose..
Before getting started making your Split Pea and Ham soup, you must first rinse, sort, and drain the bag of split peas. Do this by opening the bag and placing the peas in a colander. Split pea and ham soup is just about the easiest, least fussy soup you'll ever make, and this time-tested recipe is one you'll come to rely on whenever you need a comforting meal. In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and carrots over medium-high heat. Add peas and ham hock and cover with stock by a couple inches.
If you find this Split Pea Ham Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.