Indexlicious.com – Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls – Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy.
Drink water, not other drinks. Soda and coffee, when ingested in moderation, aren’t that bad. Using them for your sole source of hydration, however, is dumb. When you pick out water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthful and hydrated. You’re also cutting hundreds of calories away from your diet— without having to be forced to eat terrible tasting diet food. Effective weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water consumption.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every single day, can do a great deal to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's vietnamese spring rolls recipe. You can cook mike's vietnamese spring rolls using 34 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls:
- You need of ● For The Rice Vermicelli.
- Use of as needed Rice Vermicelli.
- Prepare 8 oz of Rice Vermicelli.
- Get 3 tbsp of Pureed Squeezable Garlic.
- Use 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of Thai Kitchen Premium Fish Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Thai Basil [chopped].
- Get 1 tbsp of Chopped Fresh Mint [chopped].
- Get 1 tsp of Sesame Oil.
- Use 1 tbsp of Ginger [chopped].
- You need 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- Get 1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of Onion Powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Black Or White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of each Extra Thai Basil & Mint [optional].
- Provide 1 of large Pot With Lid.
- Take 1 of Strainer.
- Use of Vegetables.
- Take 1 cup of Each: Shreadded Cabbage Or Lettuce – Bean Sprouts – Cilant.
- Use 1/2 cup of Sliced Diakon Radishes.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chopped Ginger.
- Take 1/3 cup of Jalapeño Peppers [or other thai peppers – fine chop].
- Prepare of Seafood.
- Get 1 lb of Pre-Cooked Chilled Large or Miniature Shrimp.
- Prepare of Spring Roll Wrapers.
- You need 12 of 9" Spring Roll Wraps.
- Take 1 of large Bowl Hot Water.
- Provide of ● For The Condiments.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Sweet Chili Sauce.
- Take 1 Bottle of Soy Sauce.
- Use 1 Bottle of Hoisin Sauce.
- Prepare 1 Bottle of Hot Mustard.
- Use as needed of Thai Basil Leaves.
Instructions to make Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls:
- Chop all vegetable ingredients and chill in refrigerator until ready to assemble wraps..
- Dethaw shrimp and place in fridge until ready to assemble wraps..
- Boil Rice Vermicelli as per manufacturer directions minus one minute boil time..
- Strain water from Vermicelli but do not rinse..
- Add all ingredients in the Rice Vermicelli section to the base of the pot you boiled your Rice Vermicelli in..
- On a low heat, add Rice Vermicelli into those ingredients and gently stir until well mixed..
- Allow Vermicelli to cool down slightly..
- Authors Note: You also have the option of mixing Vermicelli and seasonings and all vegetables together for quicker and easier constriction. However, the layered technique [shown above] offers far more flavor and allows you to omit any vegetables certain guests may not find desirable..
- Heat a larger plastic bowl with 2" water in the microwave until hot..
- Place one Spring Roll Wrap in hot water for 13 to 18 seconds. 13 seconds works great for me. Be careful with these wet wraps since they can tear easily..
- Pull wrap out immediately and place evenly on a cutting board..
- Place Rice Vermicelli on the wrap and add each of your vegetables [except shreadded cabbage or lettuce] and shrimp. Don't pile it in too thick or your wrap won't roll properly..
- Gently but snugly fold the bottom half of the wrap upwards over the vegetables then fold the right and left sides inward..
- Gently but snugly roll up the rest of the wrap until sealed. Slightly wet down wrap with hands after it's sealed and place on a no stick surface or tinfoil..
- Repeat this process for all 12 wraps..
- Place all wraps on a serving plate covered with shreadded cabbage or lettuce. Repeat layer if stacking your wraps so they don't stick to one another..
- Chill well until ready to serve..
- Garnish wraps with leftover chopped vegetables and serve with soy sauce, a pre-fabed peanut sauce, a quality fish sauce and a spicy Thai Chili sauce! Siracha works great!.
- Authors Note: You can serve these wraps either fresh or fried..
You need of as needed Rice Vermicelli. Fill a large bowl with warm water. These fresh and healthy Vietnamese spring rolls are made with shrimp, vegetables, herbs, and rice noodles wrapped in rice paper. Serve the spring rolls with peanut sauce, n ước chấm, or hoisin sauce. In Vietnamese, fresh spring rolls made with rice paper are called g ỏi cuốn, translating to "salad rolls" (gỏi is means "salad" and cuốn means "to coil" or "to roll").
If you find this Mike's Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.