Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those take out places. You will notice that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted side effects will be really bad. On this page we’re going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Another thing you will want to make sure of is that your having enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good affect on your health. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will also find that some vegetables also provide potassium. You will recognize that one of the vegetables we are referring to is broccoli, which is full of potassium. Spinach is additionally something that you may wish to start consuming more of as it has a lot more vitamins and minerals compared to other vegetables.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you need to take these recommendations to heart. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to slow cooker split pea soup recipe. You can have slow cooker split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Provide 1 package (16 ounces) of dried green split peas, rinsed.
- You need 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Get 1 1/2 Cups of chopped carrots.
- Use 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary, crushed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 carton (32 ounces) of reduced-sodium chicken broth.
- Get 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of cubed fully cooked ham steaks.
- Get 2-3 of Bay Leaves.
Instructions to make Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Mix all ingredients, except the ham, the water & stock, and the bay leaves, into the slow cooker..
- Add the ham and water & stock into the pot, stir everything together..
- Finally, place the bay leaves into the pot..
- Put the lid on the slow cooker, set the temperature on low, and cook for 8 hours..
The rich, creamy texture and flavor wins out over the color for sure. Pour all of the ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaf before serving. Heat a slow cooker on high until hot. Combine peas, ham bone or hocks, carrot, onion, potato, sausage, celery, water, salt (if using)and pepper in a slow cooker.
If you find this Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.