Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Split Pea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
Many individuals do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. You should also realize that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you get from these fast food places are usually foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain in good health.
You have to remember your mother and father telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is mainly because this is extremely important for a healthy body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will additionally find that some vegetables also have potassium. One of the vegetables which will provide the potassium you’ll need is broccoli. You will in addition find that a salad, made with spinach rather than lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
By simply following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you can be living a healthier life. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. To make split pea soup you need 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea Soup:
- Get 2 bags of frozen peas.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of cubed ham (if you don't have left over ham to use then you may buy the pre cooked package of cubed ham I have in the picture below).
- You need 2 cans of cream of celery.
- Get 1 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 3 of celery stalks, sliced.
- Take 2 cups of carrots, chopped.
- Use to taste of salt, pepper & garlic salt.
Steps to make Split Pea Soup:
- Rinse & boil peas on medium heat. Add celery, carrots & onion. Boil for 45 mins or until veggies & peas are tender..
- Add cans of cream of celery & cubbed ham. Boil for another 15 mins, stirring occasionally..
- When done let simmer & stand for 10-15 mins before serving. Enjoy! .
Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add peas, then water, and bring to boil. This delicious chícharo bean soup is just perfect for cool nights too.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.