Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Golden Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Golden Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Choose To Eat Will Effect Your Health.
Something that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. You will be delighted to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you need to be ingesting every day.
Your state of health can be greatly improved by simply eating lots of berries. You will realize that most berries have substantial amounts of Vitamin C that you must know is good for your body. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not only beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Most men and women already understand that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to golden split pea soup recipe. To make golden split pea soup you need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Use 2 1/2 cups of split peas.
- Prepare of Water to cover peas after rinsing.
- Provide 1/2 lb of Bacon (about 6 slices).
- Prepare 4 of carrots sliced.
- Provide 1/2 of white onion diced.
- Provide 3 of large ribs celery sliced.
- You need 1 of large ham shank or multiple smaller ones which I used here.
- Provide of Fresh ground black pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves sliced.
- Use 2 cups of chicken broth.
Instructions to make Golden Split Pea Soup:
- Chop and fry bacon until crispy, pour off most bacon fat.
- Deglaze pan using chicken stock.
- Add all chopped veggies herbs and pepper, cook until aromatic.
- Add peas, water and chicken broth, stir..
- Add ham shank and bring everything to a boil and skim off the foam.
- Cover and cook on low at least 3-4 hours until meat falls off the bone removing bones and skin from shank out of soup and the peas are tender. Do not add additional salt during cooking, the bacon and ham shanks with the broth have plenty, just season with black pepper to taste..
- You can adjust thickness of soup by adding water during the cooking process and adjust seasonings to taste, if you want to add more salt I would add it to your bowl instead of the pot, so it's not too salty..
C., Greek farmers cultivated this legume, while Athenian street vendors sold hot pea soup to passersby. When King Louis XIV of France was hungry for pea soup, his court at Château de Saint-Germain-en-Laye served up its famous version, Potage Saint. In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat olive oil. Cook onion, carrot, celery and garlic until onion is translucent. Stir in yellow and green split peas, broth, seasoning and salt.
If you find this Golden Split Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.