Indexlicious.com – Capitol Hill Bean Soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. If you make smart choices when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and make what you have in the cupboards. Your home should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to capitol hill bean soup recipe. You can have capitol hill bean soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Use 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Get 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Use 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Use 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Use 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Get 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- Prepare 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Get 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Take 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Instructions to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
Senate Bean Soup is one of the many great traditions of the American Congress. Bean soups have likely always appeared on Capitol Hill menus for as long as there has been a Capitol – owing to the simplicity of the recipe matched with the ready availability of ingredients. However, it has been consistently on the menu for over a century. Wash navy beans and run through hot water until beans are white again. Place beans in a large pot with water and ham hocks.
If you find this Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.