Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food location. These types of foods are packed with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. You will be pleased to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be consuming every day.
Your main meals should also incorporate fish including salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. The fact that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other necessary nutrients you will need. Now when you decide to have a steak for dinner one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will supply you with all the protein you will require for the day. Furthermore before preparing your steak you will want to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from consuming extra fat.
For those of you who want to start living a more healthy life the tips above are able to help you do that. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can find in any store is additionally not good for you and as an alternative you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea & ham soup recipe. To cook split pea & ham soup you only need 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Get 16 oz of dried green split peas.
- Prepare 8 cup of water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Take 2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- You need 2 cup of celery, sliced.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Provide 1 of ham bone.
- Use 4 cup of ham, cubed.
- Use 2 litres of water.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Place split peas and 2 litres water in large saucepan..
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain..
- Heat oil in soup pot..
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium-low heat until tender – about 10 minutes..
- Add drained peas, ham bone, cubed ham, 2 litres water, salt and pepper..
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour..
- Remove cover and continue simmering until desired thickness (we do between 12 and 24 hours), stirring occasionally..
- Remove ham bone, cut off any remaining meat..
- Dice meat and return to soup before serving..
When these peas are hulled and then split in half along the natural seam, they become split peas, which encourages faster cooking and eliminates the need to presoak. Split peas can be stored in an airtight container for up to one year. Traditional nautical motifs make our new Captains Quarters collection timeless and versatile. Split Pea is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Split Pea is a peashooting plant that works nearly identically to Peashooter, but can fire two peas behind them like a Repeater, being able to defend the lawn from zombies behind them.
If you find this Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.