Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
Many individuals do not realize that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. You will recognize that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. In the following paragraphs we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you stay in good health.
Also when you are searching for a snack to hold you over in between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or even seeds. The majority of nuts will have a lot of protein and you can in addition find that many nuts and seeds will also provide your body with vital Omega-3 and Omega-6. Your body will use these kinds of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. A few of these hormones that are needed are only able to be produced by having these fatty acids in your diet.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these suggestions to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is additionally not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my homemade thick pea & ham soup recipe. You can cook my homemade thick pea & ham soup using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup :
- Use 907 g of Bacon Bits, ham bits or thick cut Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Full Cups Split Dried Yellow Peas.
- Provide 3 of Large Carrots cut into chunky mouth size pieces.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Cracked Black Pepper.
Instructions to make My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup :
- The Split peas have to be rinsed then best left soaking overnight. Next morning cold rinse again and put then in a large pan 4- 5 Pints Water. Bring to boil..
- Cut up your Bacon and remove big chunks of fat leave some on for the flavour..
- Add the Bacon or ham to the boiling split peas..
- Next cut up the carrots and add them to the soup.add the black pepper and leave to simmer stirring occasionally..
- After the 3 hours turn it off and leave with a lid on after an hour or so it will have thickened. Leave and just warm up when needed. Add more black pepper on top..
It uses simple ingredients, and results in a warm, filling, and rustic dish. This soup gets its creaminess from the peas, instead of milk or cream. It uses a ham bone to infuse extra savory flavor while it cooks. Also, the only difference between yellow and green split peas is color. Split peas absorb lots of water as they cook, so check the soup often and add liquid as needed.
If you find this My Homemade Thick Pea & Ham Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.