Indexlicious.com – potato and ham soup – Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect potato and ham soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best potato and ham soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to potato and ham soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a naturally healthy and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is done, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
Climb stairs. Rather than using an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be difficult to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is completely do-able. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. So many people pick the elevator over climbing even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and ham soup recipe. To cook potato and ham soup you need 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare potato and ham soup:
- Take 2 medium of red potatoe.
- Take 2 medium of russet potatoe.
- Use 1 large of baking potatoe ( leftovers if you have one ).
- Prepare 6 slice of thick cut bacon.
- Get 2 medium of slices of country ham ( bone in ).
- Use 1/2 cup of frozen onion mix.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 4 cup of chicken broth.
- Provide 1/2 cup of half & half.
- Get 1/2 cup of water.
Instructions to make potato and ham soup:
- heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil in stock pot, cut bacon and ham into chunks cook in stock pot until brown add onion mix and cook until tender. add chicken stock and simmer cut up red potatoes in bite size pieces. cut up russet potatoes in medium size pieces. add to chicken broth and simmer until tender.
- add water and half and half and baking potato ( chopped into chunks ) in to soup mash down soup mixture with a potato masher about 3 or 4 times leaving plenty of chunks season with your favorite seasoning. simmer for about 20 to 25 minutes..
In large saucepan, combine the potatoes, mirepoix, ham and chicken stock. This is an amazing an easy potato soup recipe! Instructions Heat the butter in a pot over medium heat. In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook diced bacon until crisp. Serve the potato soup garnished with parsley, sliced green onions or chives, or a little bit of shredded cheese.
If you find this potato and ham soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.