Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Split Pea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Its also wise to comprehend that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These kinds of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be ingesting that will have a positive effect on your health.
You have to remember your parents telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is because this is very important for a healthy body. You may already realize that many of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in a variety of vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. You will recognize that one of the veggies we are talking about is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. Spinach is additionally something that you might want to start eating more of as it includes a lot more vitamins and minerals than other vegetables.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. To cook split pea soup you need 6 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea Soup:
- Get 1 of leftover frozen ham bone (any size).
- Prepare 20 oz of bag dry green split peas.
- Get 12 cup of water.
- Get 14 1/2 oz of can sliced carrots (drained).
- You need 15 oz of can new potatoes (drained).
- You need 1 of salt n pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup:
- Place water in a large pot..
- Place frozen ham bone in pot of water..
- Turn heat on high and boil covered for 2 hours..
- Remove from heat. And remove ham bone from water. Keeping water in pot..
- Let ham bone cool until its handleable.. pick all meat and bone marrow off bone and place in pot of water..
- Chop carrots and potatoes into small cubes..
- Clean peas by picking out bad peas, stones, sticks etc. Then rinse under cool water..
- Bring water back to a boil on high heat. Add peas, carrots, potatoes, salt and pepper..
- Bring to a boil again..
- Lower heat to medium/ medium low and simmer uncovered..
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Stirring often and frequent making sure your scraping the bottom..
- Remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes..
- Give a quick stir and serve hot!.
- To have a smooth creamy soup.. place soup in blender and puree until smooth..
- You can also serve this soup chilled..
Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add peas, then water, and bring to boil. Add ham bone, thyme sprigs, bay leaves, and split peas and add water to cover.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.