Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Pick To Feed On Will Certainly Effect Your Health.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those take out places. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are generally foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. In the following paragraphs we’re going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay healthy.
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will additionally be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is amongst the things that you will locate in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will additionally need. For instance, broccoli has a good amount of potassium to provide you with your daily recommended allowances. You will also realize that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
Following some of the suggestions above you will find that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can find in any store is additionally not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. You can cook split pea soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare 1 lb of dried split peas.
- Take 1 of meaty ham hock with bone.
- Take 2-4 strips of Bacon and bacon grease.
- Provide 1 TBS of Chicken drippings or chicken bouillon.
- Get 1 cup of sliced carrots.
- You need 3 stalks of chopped celery.
- Take 1 of medium sweet onion chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 TBS of butter.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
- Provide 8 cups of water.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup:
- Sort through peas, clean them of any debris..
- Put peas and ham in large pan cover with 8 cups of water..
- Add onion.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down to simmer and cover. Simmering for about 1 1/2 hours. Stirring frequently..
- Remove ham bone cut ham from bone and dice putting both both and meat back into the pot..
- Fry bacon, add grease to pot put bacon aside to crumble into soup later..
- Add carrot and celery. Simmer another 30 minutes..
- Add butter, cream and bacon crumbles. Stirring well add salt and pepper to taste. About 1 to 1 1/2 tsp each. I use less salt and let it be salted to taste by each person. Simmer another half hour stirring frequently and serve..
Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add peas, then water, and bring to boil. This delicious chícharo bean soup is just perfect for cool nights too.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.