Indexlicious.com – Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys – Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, just making some modest changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's new orleans lobster, shrimp & crab meat po boys recipe. You can cook mike's new orleans lobster, shrimp & crab meat po boys using 27 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys:
- Prepare of ● For The Seafood.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Raw Rock Lobster Tails [steamed & rough chopped].
- Take 1 lb of Pre-steamed Langistino Lobster Tails [rough chopped].
- Take 1 lb of Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp [rough chopped].
- Take 1 Pound of Pre-steamed Lump Crab Meat [de-shelled].
- Prepare of ● For The Fresh Crispy Breads.
- Take as needed of Leidenheimer 12" Bread Loaves [halved – sliced].
- You need as needed of LG Onion Or Garlic Bagles [toasted – optional].
- You need of ● For The Creamy Seafood Mixture.
- Get 2 Dashes of Heavy Cream.
- Get 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopoed Chives.
- Take 1/2 Cup of Real Mayonnaise [or more].
- Use 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning [or more].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Lemon Pepper [or more].
- You need to taste of Lemon Juice.
- Use 2 of LG Stalks Celery [fine minced].
- You need to taste of Celery Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves [minced].
- Provide of ● For The Garnishments [optional].
- Get as needed of Paprika.
- Use as needed of Capers.
- Get as needed of Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
- Provide as needed of Fresh Lemon Wedges.
- Provide as needed of Fresh Crispy Butter Lettuce Leaves.
- Prepare as needed of Claussens Dill Pickle Halves.
- Use as needed of Salt & Vinegar Chips.
Steps to make Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys:
- Presteamed Langistino Lobster Tails pictured. Rinse, rough chop and add to a large bowl..
- 1 lb raw Rock Lobster pictured. Rinse and set to the side. Prepare to steam them later..
- Cut lobsters down the middle of the upper shell with sharp kitchen shears..
- 1 lb Pre-steamed Jumbo Shrimp. Rinse, de-shell, de-vein if needed, rough chop and add to your large bowl with Langistino tails..
- I use fresh pre-steamed crab claws. Just crack open and shread meat. Add to large bowl..
- But, [real] canned crab meat works as well. If opting for canned – drain and carefully sift thru it for any shells..
- In a pan with a lifted rack and tight fitting lid – add these ingredients to taste. Butter – White Wine – Minced Garlic – Fresh Lemon Juice – Lemon Pepper – Old Bay and bring all to a simmer. Add what you'd like and how you'd like it but don't allow your fluids to rise above your rack and touch your lobster tails. You want to steam – not boil..
- Drizzle a bit of your melted sauce on top of your lobster tails and into the slits you made earlier. Steam with tight fitting lid for 7 to 8 minutes. Don't peek tho! ;0).
- Pull lobster tails, de-shell and rough chop meat. I'll always use the leftover lobster butter juices for a quick, simple steamed Baby Ukon Gold Potato, white onion and green pepper dish. Waste not want not right?.
- Use 12" Leidenheimer loaves if you want an authentic NOLA Po Boy. Be sure to lightly toast them! .
- Simply place seafood atop crispy butter leaf lettuce and French buns. Also, serve with hot sauce and chilled pickles to the side..
- If opting to put your seafood mixture on toasted bagles – simply toast and smear cream cheese at base..
- Add a piece of butter leaf lettuce – add seafood mixture with a squeeze of lemon – then another piece of lettuce to keep your bread nice and crunchy!.
- Quite possibly the BEST chilled pickles out there! They're firm and crazy delicious! You'll only find them in your refrigerated isle of your local chain supermarket..
- Enjoy this tiny extra rich little taste of NOLA y'all!.
You can find great battered fish recipes, savory soups, and pasta dishes where seafood is the main attraction. You can find great recipes for shrimp, salmon, cod, and so much more. Try these popular fish recipes: Long John Silvers Fish Batter, New Orleans Shrimp and Grits, Seafood Bake, and Japanese Shrimp Tempura. Let boil for a minute, then add to the first pot. In a small skillet cook the butter and flour together until brown.
If you find this Mike's New Orleans Lobster, Shrimp & Crab Meat Po Boys recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.