Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy' recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy' recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy' recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Food Items You Select To Feed On Will Certainly Effect Your Health.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. One of the foods you ought to be avoiding is any kind of foods you get at a fast food location. These types of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. In the following paragraphs we are going to be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Also when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should think of having various citrus fruits. Along with vitamin C, you will discover that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces blended together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a light honey dressing.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. The one thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily buy in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to my chunky bacon pea soup. 'yummy' recipe. You can have my chunky bacon pea soup. 'yummy' using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy':
- Provide 1200 grams of Thick Bacon Bits or Gammon, cut into big bite size pieces.
- Provide 5 of medium Carrots Chopped.
- Use 1 of medium onion, chopped small.
- You need 200 grams of yellow dried split Peas.
- Take 100 grams of Red lentils.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black pepper.
- Take 1/2 cup of Double cream, if needed to thicken.
- Use tsp of salt.
Instructions to make My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy':
- Cut up the bacon and leave a little fat on it, for taste, discard the rest you cut up..
- Soak the bacon or gammon for 1/2 an hour in cold water rinse the bacon two times. Then add to a large saucepan.
- Soak the split peas and red lentils together for the same time, then rinse these too in cold water.
- Add the bacon to a large saucepan along with the lentils and split peas..
- Chop up onion and carrots. Works out to 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrot, 1 cup of onion..
- Add the cold water on top of the mix and it should be 1 1/2 inch clear of the lentil mix.
- Put on high heat and cover bring to the boil stirring occasionally, boil for 10 minutes then strain all the water off to get rid of excess salt..
- Add the same amount of water (boiling water) to the same pan of soup mix and bring to the boil. Add the black pepper.
- Add the chopped carrots and onion and when boiling turn down uncover and leave to simmer for 1 – 2 hours. Stirring occasionally..
- At the end of the 2 hours stir it, then leave it to cool. When cooled and just leave it for a couple of hours, you can refrigerate for the following day and you can freeze too..
- When you are ready to dish it out, heat through and it should be thick and the bacon all tender, you can add 1/2 cup of double cream if you want it thicker stir and serve piping hot with lovely crusty bread rolls and sprinkles of extra black pepper on top..
Some half-and-half gives it richness, but feel free to use milk to lighten it a bit. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add broth and split peas and let simmer, covered, until split. Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Cook the bacon strips in a medium pan over medium-high heat until crispy and browned; set aside on a paper towel lined plate.
If you find this My Chunky Bacon Pea Soup. 'yummy' recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.