Indexlicious.com – Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Go up the stairs. Walk up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. This isn’t as simple to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can choose to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the remainder of the way. Most people will choose to be idle and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the additional boost that your system needs.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken adobo tortilla soup recipe. You can have chicken adobo tortilla soup using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Get 1 ounce of oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Provide 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- Use 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- Get 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Take 1 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Get 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Provide 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Get 3-8 inch of flour or corn tortillas cut into thin strips.
- Provide 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Provide 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Provide 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- You need 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
Steps to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Add oil to a 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
Instructions Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven. Add onions and garlic and sauté on medium heat until onions are almost. Add all remaining ingredients, except cilantro, tortilla strips or toppings to the pot. Increase heat to med-high and bring soup to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to medium. DIRECTIONS In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil.
If you find this Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.