Indexlicious.com – Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad – Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's chilled chunky lobster salad recipe. To make mike's chilled chunky lobster salad you only need 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad:
- Use 2 (8 oz) of Lobster Tails [steamed – rough chopped].
- Provide 10 oz of Immitation Crab Meat [flaked].
- Take 1/4 Cup of Celery [fine minced – with leaves].
- Use 1/2 tsp of Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 3/4 Cup of Real Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Chives.
- Take 1 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Lemon Zest.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Dill Weed.
- Use of Pepper [to taste].
- Get of Whole Milk [optional – used to thin mixture if needed].
Steps to make Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad:
- Steam lobster tails on a lifted rack covered for 20 minutes. Allow them to cool and rough chop lobster..
- Or, you can broil them. See my recipe for Mike's EZ Broiled Lobster Tails..
- Flake your chilled Immitation Crab Meat. Don't use real crab meat. It'll overwhelm your dish making it too rich. Pictured below is a great brand..
- Zest your lemon, fine mince your celery and chop your chives. Mix all other ingredients in a bowl. Gently fold in your seafood. Use whole milk to thin if you feel your mixture is too thick. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes to an hour. Serve with lemon wedges to the side. Garnish with fresh parsley and paprika..
Toss the cooked, diced lobster meat with lemon juice and the celery. Gently stir in mayonnaise and then season with salt and pepper, to taste. Mound the lobster salad on lettuce leaves with a wedge of avocado, cucumber and tomatoes. I've loved this vintage Seafood Salad recipe since I was a child! The classic dish is made with imitation crab, which I've shown here, but you can also prepare the dish with shrimp, lobster or real crabmeat to make it your own.
If you find this Mike's Chilled Chunky Lobster Salad recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.