Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
Many folks do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the various foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. You will recognize that the nutrition in these varieties of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be very bad. In the following paragraphs we are going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you remain healthy.
You have to remember your parents telling you to ensure that you eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is really important for a healthy body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables in addition have potassium. You will find that one of the vegetables we are referring to is broccoli, which is loaded with potassium. Something different you might like to try is the next time you make a salad try making use of spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
By following a number of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. To make split pea soup you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea Soup:
- Provide 1 Bag of Split Peas.
- Prepare 2 of Onions.
- Use 2 of Green Onions.
- Use 4 of Chilis (or any pepper).
- Take 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- Use 1 of Baked Sweet Potato.
- Use of Canola oil.
- Take of Black Pepper.
- Get of Creole Seasoning.
- Take of Seasoned Salt.
- You need of Parsley Flakes.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup:
- Set the oven for 400 F, wrap the sweet potato in foil and bake 40 minutes. Simultaneously, wash beans and veggies. Chop vegetables roughly. Appearance isn’t really a factor here..
- Put some canola oil in a pan and begin sautéing the vegetables until they get a little color. Season Generously. Add in the ham..
- I added 3 Liters of water to the pot. Surely you could use vegetable broth. Bring this to a low boil for a good hour and a half, uncovered. The liquid will reduce and the flavors will intensify. The meat will also start becoming more tender. Stir occasionally..
- After the ham has had its time to boil, add in the split peas. Peel and chop the sweet potato and add it to the party. Continue to simmer for another 2 hours or so. Stir occasionally..
- After a couple hours, you’ll notice your split peas becoming less noticeable. The soup will have thickened up considerably. Remove the ham from the soup and begin to separate it from the bone. Reserve. Pour the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Empty it into a large bowl and repeat until all soup is blended. Pour the blended soup from the bowl back into the pot. Put the separated ham back in the pot. The soup is now ready to serve..
- Garnish with parsley flakes and call it an evening..
Split Pea Soup Ingredients: Olive oil – this is used to saute the vegetables, butter can be substituted. Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add peas, then water, and bring to boil.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.