Indexlicious.com – Sweet and Spicy Veggies – Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sweet and Spicy Veggies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sweet and Spicy Veggies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. If you make smart choices when you are shopping for your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and eat something great. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Getting as much exercise as you possibly can is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sweet and spicy veggies recipe. You can cook sweet and spicy veggies using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sweet and Spicy Veggies:
- You need 1 of yellow bell pepper; large dice.
- Use 6 of jalapenos; 1/3 inch slices; some seeds left intact.
- Get 1 small of bag of tiny baby carrots.
- Use 1/2 stalk of asparagus; trimmed & cut in half.
- Use 1 of yellow or red onion; large dice.
- Prepare 1 bunch of green onion; sliced 1/3 inch thick on the bias.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic; minced.
- Take 2 tbsp of onion powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of chile powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon peel seasoning.
- Use 1 tbsp of orange peel seasoning.
- Provide 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Use 1 of zest of one lemon for garnish.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Sweet and Spicy Veggies:
- Heat oil in a large saute pan. Add veggies, but not garlic. Season. Toss..
- Saute approximately 8-10 minutes or until veggies are caramelized and tender..
- Add minced garlic approximately 2 minutes before veggies are done..
- Variations; Corn, mustard, honey, vinegar, pesto, roasted red pepper sauce.
Heat a large wok or large heavy skillet over high heat. Pack the cauliflower, carrots, onion, jalapeños and garlic into a quart-sized wide-mouth mason jar. Place the jar in the sink, since you'll be pouring hot liquid into it soon. In a medium saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, salt, honey, bay leaf, oregano and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. I put this together for a light meal when I noticed that we had too big a collection of half-bags of frozen vegetables and little containers of leftover cooked veggies.
If you find this Sweet and Spicy Veggies recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.