Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. In this posting we shall be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
One more thing you will want to make sure of is that your consuming enough of is your vegetables as this will also be able to have a good effect on your health. Potassium is amongst the things that you will find in various vegetables, and of course they also contain many various vitamins and minerals you will also need. One of the veggies that will provide you with the potassium you will need is broccoli. You will additionally discover that a salad, made with spinach instead of lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
For people who want to get started living a much healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can easily purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 'on the mark' split pea soup recipe. You can cook 'on the mark' split pea soup using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare 1 lb of dry green peas.
- Provide 2 quart of stock.
- Provide 2 stick of celery.
- Provide 2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Take 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Get 1 of ham hock.
- You need 1 cup of yellow onion.
- Take 1 of 1bay leaf.
Instructions to make 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup:
- Heat cooking pot with olive oil (med). Chopped onion, celery, and carrots and add to cooking pot..
- Saute veggies for 10 mins, add stock/broth, bay leaf, and ham hock..
- Bring broth to boil, then simmer on med low for 60 mins or until lentils are soft..
- When lentils are soft, remove bay leaf(s). Remove ham hocks and set aside to cool..
- Pour cooking pot contents into a drainer to allow the liquid to separate from the lentil and veggies..
- Put lentils and veggies into a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. If soup is too thick, add some of the drained out liquid. Chop ham and add to soup..
Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. I puréed half the soup in the blender because I'm used to a creamy split pea. One of the most traditional ways of making split pea soup is to flavor it with ham bones. Most recipes include onion, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
If you find this 'On the Mark' Split Pea Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.