Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mutton Dhansak recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mutton Dhansak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mutton Dhansak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit As Well As Healthy.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. You will see that the nutrition in these varieties of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. In this article we shall be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy.
Every person likes to have dessert after their meals and if you are one of those individuals you may want to consider some citrus fruit. All the nutrition in citrus fruit, including vitamin C, are in addition essential for looking after your health. A thing you may want to try for one of your desserts is to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mix off with a teaspoon of honey.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. The one thing that you should actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can easily buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mutton dhansak recipe. You can cook mutton dhansak using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Mutton Dhansak:
- Take 1/2 cup of chana dal (Bengal gram).
- Get 1/4 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentil).
- Use 10-12 of mutton cubes, boiled.
- Provide 1-2 of long eggplants, diced.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste.
- Take 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coriander-cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of pepper powder.
- Get handful of mint leaves, chopped.
- Use 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Use As required of onion rings & mint leaves to garnish (opt).
Steps to make Mutton Dhansak:
- Pressure cook the lentils, eggplants, turmeric powder and mint leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 minutes on low flame after the first whistle..
- Whisk the lentils. Add the boiled mutton and salt and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions till light brown..
- Add the tomatoes and continue to fry till it is mashed..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and all the remaining powdered spices mixed with a little water. Saute till the oil separates..
- Add the boiled dal and tamarind paste mixed with 1/4 cup water. Cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes on low flame. Keep stirring at intervals. Adjust water according to the consistency desired. This dish calls for a semi thick gravy..
- Serve, garnished with onion rings and mint leaves..
Mutton Dhansak is a traditional Parsi main course meal, Dhansak is a combination of 'dhan' meaning rice and 'saak' meaning gravy made of lentils and meat. Our chef makes Saak with her family's traditional spice mix of roasted and crushed whole spices accompanied by slow cooked caramelized rice. Mutton dhansak is a classic Parsi lamb curry cooked in a spiced lentil and vegetable puree and flavoured with tamarind water. It's a great non-vegetarian recipe that uses seasonal vegetables such as pumpkin, potatoes, brinjal, squash along with green leafy vegetables. Dhansak is a dish made with meat cooked in a lentils and vegetables.
If you find this Mutton Dhansak recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.