Indexlicious.com – Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
Pick water over other products. Drinking a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Choosing water as an alternative to other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend solely on water consumption.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every single day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your healthfulness. You need your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup recipe. You can have taisen's ham bean and potatoe soup using 13 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Take 1 of left over ham with or without bone. up to you.
- You need 1 of to 2 cans of pinto beans.
- Provide 1 of to 2 cans northern beans.
- Prepare 2 of or 3 cans of potatoes ( whole ones cut up into smaller size ) , fresh potatoes 4 to 5 large peeled and cut into smaller pieces.
- Get 1 of ham stock or left over juice from cooking the ham the day before. ( we made a ham last night and saved all the juices to use in the soup ).
- Prepare 1 of beef bullion cube.
- Provide 1 of onion or onion powder.
- You need 1 of garlic powder or fresh garlic minced ( about 4 to 5 cloves ).
- You need 1 of pepper to taste.
- You need 1 of milk.
- Get 1 of flour.
- Take 1 of honey and/or pancake syrup ( optional for a little sweetness ).
- You need 1 of beef or vegetable stock if needed for more liquid ( optional ).
Steps to make Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup:
- Pull off as much of the ham that you can. Put that into a big pot or other slow cooker..
- Add in drained beans to the ham you took off the bone..
- Using water add in about 3 to 4 beef bouillon cubes. Boil and dissolve. Add to the meat and beans. About 2 to 3 cups..
- Using the left over ham on the bone, put that in a saucepan with the juices from the leftover ham. Add in a little water if needed and add beef bouillon cubes. About 2 or 3..
- If you are using ham that hasn't been used yet, you can do the same thing except for adding in juices. You can also skip this and just cut up the ham into pieces. Adding flavor later..
- Let the ham cook down. Let it start falling off the bone. Once that happens you are ready to pull that out. You can get more of the meat off at this point..
- Remove the ham and bone from the liquid, pull off any extra meat and add to the pot. You can start adding more of that liquid into the pot as well..
- Mince garlic or use garlic powder. Add in. Add in all seasonings and put a lid on the pot after stirring..
- Peel potatoes or open canned. If your using potatoes from a can drain, and cut into half, leave whole or cut into smaller pieces. Fresh, peel rinse and cut into desired size..
- You can add the rinsed potatoes into the pot or you can boil them separately just to get them a little softer before adding in. I boil mine just a bit, not all the way and then drain and add. Do NOT rinse. The starch helps thicken the soup..
- If needed, put flour and milk in a bowl. Get the lumps out. Take some of the liquid from the pot and put into a small saucepan. Stir in the milk and flour combination slowly. Then as that thickens, add this slowly to the soup..
- Taste taste taste !!!! Add whatever is needed. I only use salt (very little because ham is salty), pepper, garlic and onion or onion powder..
- Let the soup cook until the potatoes are fully soft or just a bit firm if you prefer..
- I always use ham that is from the night before. When I heat up my ham, I add in a little butter, brown sugar, syrup and honey. I spoon over the juices on top of the ham while heating. Same as basting a turkey. You can add any of these to the soup for a bit of sweetness..
- Serve with warm rolls or butter bread. Enjoy !.
Add blended bean and potato mixture back to soup pot. Place potatoes, chicken broth, green beans, ham, cream of chicken soup, onion, bacon, and pepper in a slow cooker. Enjoy this Ham Potato Bean Soup on a chilly fall or winter day. The soup starts with a pound of dried beans. Navy beans are called for in the recipe, but great northern beans or a bean soup mixture are excellent substitutes.
If you find this Taisen's Ham Bean and Potatoe Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.