Indexlicious.com – Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup – Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Water is the very best drinks out there. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every once in a while isn’t a terrible idea. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. When you pick out water over other beverages you are helping your body stay very healthful and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Water is often the main element to successful weight reduction and healthfulness.
There are many things you can pursue to become healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about slimming down. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe. You can cook brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup:
- Use 2 of bunches asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, do not use margarine.
- Prepare 1 small of onion chopped.
- Provide 3 clove of garlic, minced or pressed.
- Get 2/3 cup of all purpose flour..
- You need 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Provide 3 of or 4 cups of milk depending on desired consistency..
- Use 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup:
- wash asparagus. chop off tough ends and discard. place in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle creole seasoning over. mix and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 – 30 min. stir half way through.
- when done remove and put in a large stock pot. just cover with water and bring to a boil. boil for 10 min. drain asparagus and reserve stock. let asparagus cool.
- in the same pot melt butter. add onion and garlic. saute for 6-7 min. add flour and make a roux. stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- when asparagus is cool enough to work with put in blender with enough stock to puree. add puree back to the stock and add cream. mix well..
- slowly add this mix to the roux a little at a time. stir the entire time until all mix is incorporated. let bind over med heat a couple minutes. should be a thick chowder..
- add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. bring mix to a bubble. add milk until you ger the desired consistency. i like mine a little thicker but add milk for a creamy soup.
- if it gets too thin slowly sprinkle more flour in until thick enough. heat through and serve..
Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Pour half the milk mixture into a blender; add half the asparagus. Cover and process until very smooth; return soup to the saucepan. Repeat with the remaining milk mixture and asparagus. Stir in the cheese, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil).
If you find this Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.