Indexlicious.com – Chunky Pea & Ham Soup – Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. Making good decisions when buying groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your apartment and make something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you have on hand is nutritious. In this way, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You need to help make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chunky pea & ham soup recipe. You can cook chunky pea & ham soup using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chunky Pea & Ham Soup:
- Provide 500 grams of Green split peas.
- Take 1 of Leek, sliced.
- Prepare 3 large of carrots, diced.
- You need 2 large of potatoes, diced.
- Provide 3 of Celery stalks, diced.
- Provide 2 of Bay leaf.
- You need 4 of Smoked ham bones (or bacon bones).
- Use 200 grams of Piece of smoked ham.
- Take 1 of Cracked black pepper to taste.
Instructions to make Chunky Pea & Ham Soup:
- Soak split peas for 6 hours or over night..
- Drain, rinse and add to large pot. Cover with cold water..
- Bring to the boil then gently simmer until peas start to break up..
- Whilst waiting for that to happen- throw carrots, leek and celery in a large heavy base pan and fry until softened (not browned)..
- Add celery, leek and carrots to the peas along with potatoes, bay leaves, ham bones and ham..
- Keep it simmering for around an eternity until the smell makes you salivate and soup is thickened..
- Remove ham piece, chop it up and throw it back in..
- I like to leave the bones in but you can remove if wanted. Nothing beats sucking on a bacon bone whilst you eat your soup (for me). Crack some black pepper, top with some chopped celery leaves and serve with crusty bread. Enjoy!.
The magic loop technique used in the pattern eliminates the need to use double-pointed needles when decreasing, but it Soul-warming bowls of Campbell's Chunky Split Pea & Ham with Natural Smoke Flavor Soup make it deliciously easy fill up on the good stuff. It's loaded with bold flavors too: big pieces of potatoes and carrots accent hearty split peas while smoky ham hunks add an unforgettable meaty touch. Soul-warming bowls of Campbell's® Chunky® Split Pea & Ham with Natural Smoke Flavor Soup make it deliciously easy fill up on the good stuff.® It's loaded with bold flavors too: big pieces of potatoes and carrots accent hearty split peas while smoky ham hunks add an unforgettable meaty touch. Dive into this ready to eat soup and fuel up! The ham meat should literally fall off the bone and be shredded with a touch.
If you find this Chunky Pea & Ham Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.