Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
Many men and women do not understand that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the different foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Now when it comes to the key food items that you have for dinner, you may want to be certain that you’re eating a good amount of fish, especially salmon, and lean protein. You will notice that salmon can also be abundant with Omega-3 and other nutrients. And whenever it comes to lean protein, you should remember that you only need about 3 ounces to get your daily requirements. Also before cooking your steak you will need to trim the fat that you can see from it to keep from taking in extra fat.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. Something that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea and ham soup recipe. To make split pea and ham soup you need 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea and Ham Soup:
- You need 1 1/2 lb of dried split peas divided.
- Prepare 10 1/2 cup of water divided.
- Use 3 of chicken bouillon cubes for 6 cups of water.
- Use 2 lb of ham on bone.
- Get 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Get 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Use 2 of celery stalks including leaves, sliced.
- Get 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Get 3 of red potatoes, cubed.
- Get 1 of Bay leaf.
- You need 2 pinch of white pepper.
- Take 1 pinch of Cheyenne pepper.
- Prepare of fresh ground black pepper.
- Get of chopped cooked bacon *optional.
Steps to make Split Pea and Ham Soup:
- Sort then rinse peas. In a large pot, combine 1lb peas, 8 cups of hot water, chicken bouillon and ham, then bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 30 min stirring occasionally..
- While that's cooking chop all vegetables. After first half hour add the vegetables and seasonings for 30 more minutes or until desired tenderness is reached. In second pot add 2 1/2 cups of water and 1/2 lb of peas on medium heat for 30 min..
- Once desired tenderness is reached remove the ham and trim the meat off the bone and discard along with excess fat. Chop meat and add back to soup along with extra peas and water. Mix well and serve..
Split Pea and Ham soup is an old-time favorite. Thick and nutritious with lots of ham chunks and vegetables, this comfort food will warm your tummy, heart and soul. If you like this you will want to try our Swedish yellow split pea soup or our smokey split pea soup. Cooking the ham on the bone in the soup adds a ton of flavor. This thick and hearty, split pea and ham soup is a meal in itself.
If you find this Split Pea and Ham Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.