Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Split Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Overall Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
One thing that some of you may already understand is that by ingesting the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. Something that you should never eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those take out places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. In this article we shall be going over foods that you ought to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Most of your meals should also include fish including salmon or even lean proteins, as these will also be able to help your health. You will recognize that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and other nutrients. Protein is important for your diet, however you don’t need to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. It’s also wise to trim off any fats that you find on the specific meats that you’re planning to eat.
For those of you who want to start living a healthier life the tips above will be able to help you do that. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea soup recipe. To make split pea soup you only need 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Split Pea Soup:
- Take 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry split peas (rinsed & drained).
- Use 1 1/2 lb of meaty pork hocks or meaty ham bone.
- Take 1/4 tsp of dried marjoram crushed.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1/2 cup of chopped carrot.
- Take 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
Instructions to make Split Pea Soup:
- In large saucepan combine broth, split peas, ham hock, marjoram, bay leaf, 2 cups of water & dash of pepper..
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 1 hour. Stirring occasionally.
- When cool enough, cut meat off bones. Return meat to saucepan. Stir in carrots, celery & onion..
- Return to boiling, reduce heat, cover & simmer for 20-30 min. (til veggies are tender).
Yellow onion, celery, carrots and garlic – these vegetables built up the background flavors of the soup. They add some nice color too. Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Add peas, then water, and bring to boil. This delicious chícharo bean soup is just perfect for cool nights too.
If you find this Split Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.