Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Dhanshak recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Dhanshak recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Dhanshak recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
Many people do not realize that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be almost all food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have very little nutritional value. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
One of the primary sorts of foods you ought to be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will find that most berries have large amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. You will also find that berries have antioxidants which is not merely beneficial to your circulatory system but also for your basic health as well. Most folks already know that cells begin to break down with time and the addition of antioxidants in your diet can certainly help keep your cells far healthier for longer periods of time.
By following some of the suggestions above you will notice that you can be living a healthier life. Also if you remove all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian dhanshak recipe. You can have vegetarian dhanshak using 19 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Dhanshak:
- Take 2 tablespoon of chana daal/ split chickpeas lentil.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of masoor daal/ split red lentils.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of Tovar daal/Pigeon pea lentils.
- Provide 2 tablespoon of urad daal/split black gram lentils.
- Take 100 grams of cleaned and chopped fenugreek leaves.
- Take 100 grams of washed, deskined and cubed veggies of your choice(normally pumpkin and brinjal are a must).
- Take to taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of mint leaves cleaned and chopped.
- Use 1 of lemon Juice.
- Get 1/2 inch of ginger grated.
- Prepare 5 of garlic pearls chopped finely.
- Take 2 of green chillies made to paste.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Dhanshak powder.
- Provide 1 of large onion chopped finely.
- Get 1 of small tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ghee/butter.
- You need 2 cup or as needed of Water (depending upon the quantity of lentils and veggies you use).
Steps to make Vegetarian Dhanshak:
- Pre soak the lentils at least for 30 minutes prior cooking them after washing thoroughly.
- Strain the lentils and keep aside.
- Add the lentils to a pressure cooker and add about 2 cups of water to it. Start the stove now and keep on medium heat.
- Add the turmeric powder and salt to taste. mix well.
- Next add half the onions chopped to the lentils.
- Add mixed chopped vegetables and mix for a while.
- Next throw in the fenugreek and mint leaves and mix well for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now pressure cook for upto 4-5 whistles and switch off the stove.
- For the masala/tempering:.
- Melt ghee/ butter in a wok and add the remaining onions and sauté till they are slightly brown.
- Next add the tomatoes and cook on Low heat covered till they are soft.
- Add chopped garlic-ginger and cumin powder.
- Followed by red chilli and Dhanshak powders.
- Add the green chilli paste.Mix well and take off heat.
- Open the cooker to check the lentil mix. If slightly uncooked, use a masher to mash the lentils and vegetables.
- Put it back on stove and keep on Low heat.
- Add the masala/tempering prepared to the lentils and mix well and let simmer.
- Next add the lemon juice.
- Finish by mixing coriander leaves..
- Serve warm with the accompaniment of your choice.
- My tip: if you are unable to find Dhanshak masala, use a strong flavoured curry or regular garam masala powder.
Vegetarian Parsi Vegetable Dhansak – a hearty dish with lentils and vegetables. Spicy and delicious with aromatic spice blend. In my quest to try new cuisines, I have a delicious savory ' Parsi Dish' today. Dhansak generally is made by cooking some meat with a mixture of lentils and vegetables, while the vegetarian version uses just lentils and veggies. Dhansak can be simply spiced to retain the flavors of the vegetables or lentils, or can be flavored with various spices.
If you find this Vegetarian Dhanshak recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.