Indexlicious.com – Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go home and make a little something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you have at home is healthful. In this way, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being intelligent when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your healthfulness. You need to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe. To make brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup you only need 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup:
- Use 2 of bunches asparagus, about 1 1/2 lbs.
- Use 2 tbsp of Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, do not use margarine.
- Use 1 small of onion chopped.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced or pressed.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of all purpose flour..
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 3 of or 4 cups of milk depending on desired consistency..
- Take 1 tbsp of celery seed.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup:
- wash asparagus. chop off tough ends and discard. place in a roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. sprinkle creole seasoning over. mix and roast in the oven at 400 for 20 – 30 min. stir half way through.
- when done remove and put in a large stock pot. just cover with water and bring to a boil. boil for 10 min. drain asparagus and reserve stock. let asparagus cool.
- in the same pot melt butter. add onion and garlic. saute for 6-7 min. add flour and make a roux. stir constantly for about 5 minutes.
- when asparagus is cool enough to work with put in blender with enough stock to puree. add puree back to the stock and add cream. mix well..
- slowly add this mix to the roux a little at a time. stir the entire time until all mix is incorporated. let bind over med heat a couple minutes. should be a thick chowder..
- add celery seed and salt and pepper to taste. bring mix to a bubble. add milk until you ger the desired consistency. i like mine a little thicker but add milk for a creamy soup.
- if it gets too thin slowly sprinkle more flour in until thick enough. heat through and serve..
Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. Pour half the milk mixture into a blender; add half the asparagus. Cover and process until very smooth; return soup to the saucepan. Repeat with the remaining milk mixture and asparagus. Stir in the cheese, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper; heat through (do not boil).
If you find this Brad's creamy roasted asparagus soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.