Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Malabar/vine spinach gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Malabar/vine spinach gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malabar/vine spinach gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Choose To Eat Will Effect Your Health.
The one thing that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you will need to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and typically have little to no nourishment. That is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be consuming that will have a positive effect on your health.
In terms of sitting down to dinner you should also think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. The beauty of salmon is that as well as other nutrients additionally it is loaded with Omega-3. Protein is important for your diet, however you do not need to eat a large amount, as a 3 ounces is all you actually need. So that you can reduce your fat intake you should cut off any obvious fat before you prepare the meats.
Following a number of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malabar/vine spinach gravy recipe. To make malabar/vine spinach gravy you need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malabar/vine spinach gravy:
- Take 1 big bunch of malabar spinach.
- You need 1 cup of split pigeon pea lentil(toor dal).
- Take 1 small ball of tamarind.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Jaggery powder.
- Provide To of grind–.
- Provide 1 tbsp of boiled toor dal.
- Take 3 tbsp of coriander seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp of black pepper corns.
- You need 4-5 of numbers red chillies.
- You need 1/3 cup of grated fresh coconut.
- Prepare For of seasoning–.
- Prepare 3 tsp of oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 2 of red chillies.
- Use as per taste of salt.
Steps to make Malabar/vine spinach gravy:
- Wash and clean spinach thoroughly, separate leaves from stems, chop leaves in chunks and chop stems in to long pieces, use tender stems only..
- In a cooking vessel add chopped leaves and stems, chopped onion, turmeric powder and enough water and let it cook..
- Pressure cook pigeon pea lentil until mushy, now dry roast all the masala ingredients, except coconut and Jaggery. grind all this with coconut and tamarind to a smooth paste adding the required amount of water..
- Now add cooked lentil and masala paste, salt and jaggery to a boiling gravy, cook untill done and raw smell of the masala evaporates, add seasoning of mustard seeds and red chillies to the gravy..your delicious Malabar spinach gravy is ready to serve with hot steamed rice..
Malabar spinach, Basella alba, is a popular green leafy vegetable in other parts of the world. Malabar spinach (Basella alba or Basella rubra) is not a true spinach, but rather a climbing vine in a class by itself. Other common names include Vine Spinach, Red Vine Spinach, Creeping Spinach, and Ceylon Spinach. Even though it's not a true spinach, it has the same taste. Malabar spinach also needs constant moisture to prevent the blossoming, which will turn the leaves bitter — ideally an area with a warm, rainy climate for optimal Malabar spinach care and growth.
If you find this Malabar/vine spinach gravy recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.