Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mochar Ghonto (Traditional Banana Blossom Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mochar Ghonto (Traditional Banana Blossom Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a substantial effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will get at all of those fast food places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and generally have little to no nourishment. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a good effect on your health.
With regards to sitting down to an evening meal you should additionally think about lean proteins and also fish such as salmon. You will see that salmon is additionally abundant with Omega-3 and various other nutrients. Now when you decide to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you will require for the day. To be able to reduce your fat intake you ought to cut off any obvious fat before you cook the meats.
By simply following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you will end up living a healthier life. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mochar ghonto (traditional banana blossom curry) recipe. You can have mochar ghonto (traditional banana blossom curry) using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Mochar Ghonto (Traditional Banana Blossom Curry):
- You need 1 of Banana blossom or Mocha big-sized:.
- Get 2 of Medium-sized potatoes peeled and cubed:.
- Provide of Deskinned coconut pieces pea-sized, but cut into tiny cubes: handful.
- You need 1 inch of Cinnamon stick:.
- Use 4 of Green cardamoms split.
- Use 6 of Cloves.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Use 2 of Dried red chillies broken into a few pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get 3/4 tsp of Ginger paste.
- Prepare 1.5 tsp of Homemade Cumin paste or powder.
- Provide 3/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 (1 bowl) of or a handful Brown chickpeas boiled with salt.
- Take 1/4 of th of a freshly scraped coconut.
- Get 1.5 tbsp of scraped coconut for the garnish.
- You need As required of Oil.
- Get 1.5 tbsp of Cow ghee.
- You need 4 of Green chillies.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1.25 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
Instructions to make Mochar Ghonto (Traditional Banana Blossom Curry):
- Prepare the banana flowers prior in advance. Separate all the inner florets neatly arranged inside each purplish-maroon petal. Discard all the thick maroon petals, until you almost reach the core where the petals aren’t red anymore. As you approach the core, the petals become interlocked. As these petals are comparatively much softer, we will chop off the whole little cone very finely, which we obtained from the inside part of a mocha..
- After removing the unwanted parts from each flower, these flowers are chopped finely and soaked immediately (to prevent blackening) for a few hours in a dish of water with salt and turmeric powder. Soaking helps in getting rid of bitterness. This water is strained after at least three hours and discarded. The banana flowers are now transferred to a pressure cooker with some water and salt. Let it have three whistles on a simmered flame..
- Heat oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, reduce the flame and add the bay leaf, dried red chillies and the whole Garam masala (cinnamon, cloves and green cardamoms). Add the cumin seeds and wait until the colour changes to light brown. Add the potatoes and fry it till golden brown. Add the brown chickpeas. Using water, make a paste of the cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and ginger paste..
- When the aroma of the spices emanates from the pan (i.e., after around 2 min of cooking), add the cooked and semi-mashed banana flowers or mocha. Add chilli powder, salt and sugar. On a high flame, cook it for around 15 min, sautéing continuously, until most of the water dries out..
- Open the lid. Sauté continuously, adding fried coconut pieces, sugar and the ghee. Also add the garam masala. Cook until little oil/ghee leaves the sides of the pan. Check for the salt. In case more salt is needed, add at this stage and cook for 2 min, until well-mixed. Mochar ghoto is slightly on sweeter side, so check the sugar and adjust as per taste..
- Garnish with around freshly grated coconut. Serve the Mochar Ghonto hot with steamed rice..
This banana flower curry (kolar mochar ghonto) is not only delicious but also it is very healthy dish too. If you study on the nutritional value of banana flowers then you will know that it is magical food with full of minerals as well as fiber. Psuedo Banana Blossom Curry (Mochar Ghonto) Banana Blossom is known as 'Mocha' in Bengali. It is the flower of the banana tree. Banana flower is an exotic vegetable that is relished in many forms like Banana Blossom Curry also called 'Mochar Ghonto', or in the form of vegetarian cutlets or chops and so on.
If you find this Mochar Ghonto (Traditional Banana Blossom Curry) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.