Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
Many men and women do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food place. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. This is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be consuming that will have a beneficial effect on your health.
Citrus fruit will be one of the better things that you might have for your desserts, as opposed to having a piece of cake or perhaps ice cream. Along with vitamin C, you will realize that there are plenty of other health benefits that you will find in these fruits. One thing you might want to try for one of your desserts is actually to mix coconut with orange sections and top the mixture off with a teaspoon of honey.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. Also if you eliminate all the unhealthy food that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pea dhal (yellow split peas) with garden herbs recipe. To cook pea dhal (yellow split peas) with garden herbs you need 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs:
- Use 2 cups of pea dhal (yellow split peas) – preboiled until smooth.
- Take 1 of onion.
- Use 1 of tomato.
- Take 1 bunch of garden herbs (spinach will do).
- Take 2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 of dried red chilies.
- Take 1 teaspoon of mustard seed.
- Take 2 clove of whole garlic.
- You need 1 of short cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Take of Vegetable oil.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs:
- Braise onion, chilli, garlic, cinnamon and mustard seed in vegetable oil.
- Add turmeric powder, stir and quickly add the pea dhal. Mix and leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes. Add water as needed to create your desired consistency..
- Chop up herbs and tomato finely and add to the dhal for another 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Just before the dish is ready, add tamarind paste. Allow to cool, serve and enjoy.
See recipes for Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs too. There's still a little bite from the yellow split peas (another gorgeous ingredient from the wonderful people and UK farmers at Hodmedods). There's creamy cauliflower as well as wonderful flavour and gentle spicing from garlic, ginger and turmeric. Dal is the Indian term for legumes and pulses – peas, chickpeas, beans etcetera. Spelling variations can include dahl, dhal and dal.
If you find this Pea Dhal (Yellow Split Peas) with Garden Herbs recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.