Indexlicious.com – Split Pea & Ham Soup – Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a yummy, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Pick water over other refreshments. Having a soda or a cup of coffee every occasionally isn’t a terrible idea. Using them for your sole source of hydration, conversely, is dumb. When you decide on water more than other beverages you are helping your body remain very healthy and hydrated. Doing this helps you cut hundreds of calories out of your diet without your having to suffer through a bunch of gross diet food. Successful weight loss efforts often depend entirely on water consumption.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Getting as much physical exercise as you possibly can is another factor. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong as possible.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea & ham soup recipe. You can have split pea & ham soup using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Use 16 oz of dried green split peas.
- Get 8 cup of water.
- Take 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 2 cup of onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 cup of carrots, chopped.
- Provide 2 cup of celery, sliced.
- You need 4 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of ham bone.
- Get 4 cup of ham, cubed.
- Get 2 litres of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
Instructions to make Split Pea & Ham Soup:
- Place split peas and 2 litres water in large saucepan..
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour. Drain..
- Heat oil in soup pot..
- Sauté onion, carrots, celery and garlic in oil over medium-low heat until tender – about 10 minutes..
- Add drained peas, ham bone, cubed ham, 2 litres water, salt and pepper..
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally..
- Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour..
- Remove cover and continue simmering until desired thickness (we do between 12 and 24 hours), stirring occasionally..
- Remove ham bone, cut off any remaining meat..
- Dice meat and return to soup before serving..
In a large pot, combine the uncooked yellow split peas and the water or vegetable broth. Split peas are field peas, which are a variety of yellow or green peas grown specifically for drying. When these peas are hulled and then split in half along the natural seam, they become split peas, which encourages faster cooking and eliminates the need to presoak. Split peas can be stored in an airtight container for up to one year. Split Pea is a recurring character within the Plants vs.
If you find this Split Pea & Ham Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.