Indexlicious.com – Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme – Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Pick water over other refreshments. Having a soda or cup of coffee once in awhile won’t hurt you too badly. Getting all of your hydration from them is a terrible idea. Drinking water instead of other kinds of drinks is a good way to aid your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you lower your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Effective weight loss efforts often depend solely on water intake.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to grilled asparagus w/ lemon & thyme recipe. To make grilled asparagus w/ lemon & thyme you only need 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme:
- Provide 1 bundle of asparagus; trimmed.
- Get 3/4 C of sherry.
- You need 1 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- Use 1 t of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 t of onion powder.
- Get 1 of lemon; zested & juiced.
- You need as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Get as needed of walnut oil.
Instructions to make Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme:
- Marinate asparagus in sherry for 1 hour. Pat dry..
- Toss with enough walnut oil to coat. Lay flat on a sheet tray..
- Season each side. Grill each side for approximately 2-3 minutes..
- Transfer grilled asparagus to a bowl. Squeeze the juice from 1/2 a lemon over the asparagus. Cover. Let steam 5 minutes..
- Garnish with lemon zest.
- Variations; Rosemary, white wine, roasted or raw garlic, shallots, habanero, bacon fat, parmesean, romano, gruyere, sage, parsely, pesto, coriander seed, ginger, honey, lime, crushed pepper flakes, chives, balsamic vinegar, champagne vinegar, cumin, Italian seasoning or dressing, lemon peel seasoning, orange zest, white pepper, bell pepper, green beans, butter, brown butter, flavored oils, horseradish, fennel, dill, hoisin, leeks, mushrooms, mint, dijon, scallions, toasted walnut crumbs, red onion, spring onion, yellow onion, soy, sesame oil or seeds, tarragon, red wine vinegar, feta, white pepper.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and paprika and mix together well with a fork. Lay the asparagus side by side and pierce with skewers to form a raft. Bend an asparagus stalk til it breaks and then line it up with the bunch and cut all to size. This get rid of the tough end. Mince the garlic and sprinkle over the asparagus, add lemon juice oil and salt and pepper.
If you find this Grilled Asparagus w/ Lemon & Thyme recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.