Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Picking The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will notice that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. You should also realize that there are foods that you will want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. The foods that you get from these fast food places are foods that are extremely unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be pleased to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you ought to be eating every day.
While most of you have been told time and time again that vegetables are good for you, and there is a really good reason why. You may already know that many of the vitamins you need everyday can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. As an example, broccoli has plenty of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. Something different you might want to try is the next time you make a salad try working with spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will realize that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you need to take these suggestions to heart. Also if you remove all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hj's slow cooker split pea soup recipe. To make hj's slow cooker split pea soup you need 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Prepare of Soup mix.
- You need 16 oz of Dried green split peas..
- Prepare 2 of Ham hocks, or 2 cups diced ham.
- Use 3 of Carrots, peeled and sliced..
- Provide 1/2 cup of Onion. Chopped.
- You need 2 of Ribs of celery plus leaves. Chopped..
- Take 2 clove of Garlic. Minced..
- Take 1 of Bay leaf.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Fresh parsley, chopped, or 2 tsp dried parsley flakes.
- Use 1 tbsp of Seasoned salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Black pepper.
- You need 6 cup of Hot water.
- Provide of Optional but delicious.
- You need 1 cup of Andouille Sausage cut into 1/4" rounds.
Steps to make Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup:
- Layer ingredients in slow cooker in the order given; pour in water. Do not stir ingredients..
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone..
- Remove bones and bay leaf. Chop meat into bite sized pieces..
- Mash peas to thicken more, if desired..
- About an hour before you are ready to serve brown sausage and add to soup. if you are going to add this option..
- Serve garnished with croutons. Freezes well..
Split Pea Soup is one of the easiest soup recipes to make. It's pretty hands off no matter the method you utilize to cook. Vegetarian Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup. Got this recipe online a couple years ago. I've tweaked it a little bit and will probably continue to experiment by throwing other vegetables in.
If you find this Hj's Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.