Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea & Rice – Pressure Cooker recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea & Rice – Pressure Cooker recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
When it comes to the foods that you eat, you will see that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. The foods that you get from these fast food places are generally foods that are very unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nourishment. In this posting we are going to be going over foods that you should be eating that can help you remain healthy and balanced.
Your state of health can be greatly improved upon by simply eating lots of berries. The initial thing you will discover about berries is just about any form of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Most berries also have plenty of anti-oxidants, which is extremely beneficial to your overall health and is particularly good for your circulatory system. You may also be aware that antioxidants will be able to help make sure you have healthy cells and it can in addition help to stop the degeneration of your cells.
If you decide that your health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. Also if you cut out all the unhealthy food that you should not be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kitchri – yellow split pea & rice – pressure cooker recipe. To make kitchri – yellow split pea & rice – pressure cooker you only need 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea & Rice – Pressure Cooker:
- You need 1 c of brown rice dry.
- You need 2 c of yellow split pea dry.
- Provide 1 lb of breakfast sausage roll.
- Provide 1 lb of bacon.
- Use 1 c of trinity.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 4 cups of water or broth.
- Use 1 tbs of Chicken broth powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of creole seasoning.
Steps to make Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea & Rice – Pressure Cooker:
- Rinse and soak split peas and rice in hot water in a separate bowl while preparing everything else..
- Chop and cook bacon, add sausage and cook until brown on saute mode/high. Toss in trinity to the meat and oil it created. Cook down scraping the bottom of the pot liner. After onion is cooked add a little water to finish deglazing..
- Add your spices, and broth powder, stir well, add coconut milk and water. Strain the water from the soaked rice and peas, then add to the pot. Cook on high pressure for 22 mins, NR for 5. Mix well and serve..
Add the split peas and salt. According to Ayurveda, split yellow mung beans are the one type of beans or lentils that will not produce gas. To be called kitchari, rice has to be cooked with a legume. Traditionally, that legume is split yellow mung dahl beans. Split yellow mung beans also have their husk removed.
If you find this Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea & Rice – Pressure Cooker recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.