Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Effected By The Foods You Decide To Eat.
Many people do not fully grasp that the foods you select can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is any foods you get at a fast food spot. The foods that you receive from these fast food places are usually foods that are incredibly unhealthy, loaded with fat and usually have little to no nutrition. You will be pleased to know that we are going to inform you of a few of the foods that you should be ingesting every day.
In terms of sitting down to dinner you should in addition think about lean proteins as well as fish such as salmon. The fact that salmon is also full of Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it additionally contains other necessary nutrients you will need. Now when you elect to have a steak for supper one thing you should remember is that 3 ounces will present you with all the protein you will require for the day. It’s also advisable to trim off any fats that you find on the specific meats that you plan to eat.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these tips to heart. Also if you eliminate all the unhealthy food that you shouldn’t be eating anyway, you might find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to my ham shank soup (thick pea soup) recipe. You can cook my ham shank soup (thick pea soup) using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup):
- Get 4 of large carrots scraped and cut into chunky slices.
- Prepare 250 g of Yellow Split Peas.
- You need of About 800g Ham Shank.
- Use of Boil in 2 1/2 Pints water.
- Use of Add a little black pepper.
Steps to make My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup):
- Rinse the split yellow peas under cold water for a few minutes. Add the shank to boiling water and cook for 30 minutes, take out and take all the fat off it will come away easy then..
- Scrape and slice the carrots chunky. Add the split peas to the ham shank water with the shank when fat and skin removed. Simmer for about an hour then check if the meat comes off. If not leave for another hour for the split peas to be cooked..
- Fat and skin taken off. Add it back to the water with the split peas and carrots. Leave to simmer away for about an hour then check if the meat falls off the bone..
- Meat falling off the bone. When you take the bone out and grissle. Let it boil a little longer then some fat will float on top and you can scoop it off..
- After simmering. Turn off and leave for about an hour before serving as it goes thicker. Next day its the best. Cooked turn off and leave and it will be much thicker and meat falling to bits. So tasty. You can freeze this soup too..
My husband stated that this was the ABSOLUTE BEST SPLIT PEA & HAM SOUP I have ever made. Thank you for the added tips and directions on adding ingredients in a "different way"! Stir the mixture until a smooth consistency forms. Pour and stir the mixture into your watery pea soup to thicken it. Repeat the process until the soup reaches your desired thickness.
If you find this My Ham Shank Soup (Thick pea soup) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.