Indexlicious.com – Rachaels Split pea and ham soup – Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthy.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go home and make something from your kitchen. Your kitchen should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are many things you can go after to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Wanting to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to rachaels split pea and ham soup recipe. You can cook rachaels split pea and ham soup using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- Prepare 1 packages of dry split peas.
- Provide 1 of ham bone with scraps.
- Take 4 of celery (chopped).
- Prepare 1 large of cubed sweet potato.
- Take 1 cup of carrots.
- Provide 1 of onion.
- You need 3 tbsp of chopped garlic.
Instructions to make Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- Pour the split peas in a pot with 2 quarts of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until they are softened. (the amount of water can change with the size of your bag of peas so you should cook according to what your directions suggest).
- In a separate pot bring the ham bone and scraps, celery tops and bottoms, onion chopped in half, garlic and carrot scraps to a boil in 2 1/2 quarts of water..
- After about an hour and a half strain the broth pot and add it to the split pea pot and mix in remaining ingredients. If you want extra ham you can add some now. Cook until thickened and the veggies are cooked through. (about another 45 minute).
Pour in chicken stock and water. To Freeze Split Pea and Ham Soup Freezer Bags: Fill three-quarters of the way up, force out as much air as possible before sealing and store flat in the freezer. How long can Split Pea and Ham Soup be stored in the refrigerator? Lift out the ham, peel off and discard the skin. While it is still hot (wear a clean pair of rubber gloves), shred the meat.
If you find this Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.