Indexlicious.com – Seafood Chowder – Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Seafood Chowder recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Seafood Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Seafood Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. Eventually, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to seafood chowder recipe. To make seafood chowder you only need 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Seafood Chowder:
- Take 8 of bacon slices.
- Prepare 8 of green onions minced – reserve green part and set aside.
- Provide 2 Tbs of thyme.
- Use 2 of whole garlic's minced.
- Get 4 Tbs of flour.
- Use 5 cups of milk (I used nonfat).
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 2 lbs of raw shrimp in shell.
- Take 4 of lobster tails.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes (I used 2 tsp because I like it spicy).
- Get 24 oz of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 cans of crab meat (I used Blue Star).
Instructions to make Seafood Chowder:
- In a stock pot, cook bacon. Remove bacon when finished and set aside..
- Sauteed green onion, thyme and garlic in bacon reserves for about 3-5 minutes..
- Stir in flour, milk chicken stock and bay leaves. Continue stirring for about 1 minute..
- On medium low heat, add shrimp and lobster tails. Cook for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is done. Try not to overcook the seafood..
- Remove shrimp and lobster tails when cooked and turn stovetop to low..
- Remove shrimp and lobster from shells. Chop lobster into pieces then add both back to pot..
- Add salt, pepper, pepper flakes, crab meat and corn. Cook for another 5 minutes on medium low then add bacon bits and the green part of onions..
- You can adjust the seasonings to your taste and add more flour for thickness..
Seafood Chowder can by made on the stove top by combine all ingredients EXCEPT cream and seafood into a large stock pot. Cover and bring to a simmer. Blend about half the soup using an immersion blender (or just scoop it into your upright blender then return to stock pot). Corn, shrimp, and scallops team up in this hearty seafood chowder. Whether you are at the beach or inland, the flavors of the sea make a satisfying soup.
If you find this Seafood Chowder recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.