Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Beerakaya Pappu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beerakaya Pappu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Selecting The Best Foods Can Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
The one thing that some of you may already understand is that by consuming the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the varied foods that you will find at all of those fast food places. These sorts of foods are loaded with bad fat and also have almost no nutritional value. You will be pleased to know that we are going to tell you a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
You have to remember your parents telling you to actually eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is very important for a healthy body. You may already know that many of the vitamins you need on a daily basis can be found in numerous vegetables, but you will also be able to find required potassium in vegetables as well. For example, broccoli has a lot of potassium to supply you with your daily recommended allowances. Something different you might want to try is the next time you make a salad try making use of spinach instead of your traditional lettuce as you will discover that there are a lot more nutrients that can be found in those leaves.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will find that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly refined foods that you can discover in any store is also not good for you and instead you should be cooking fresh nutritious foods.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to beerakaya pappu recipe. To cook beerakaya pappu you only need 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Beerakaya Pappu:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Tuvar dal (Pigeon pea lentil). soaked for 30 minutes.
- Provide 2 cups of Turai (Ridge gourd), chopped.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 1-2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Use 2 tbsp. of oil.
- You need 1-2 of dry red chilies.
- Get 1 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Take 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Provide 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Use pinch of asafoetida.
- Take 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- Get 1/2-1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Use 1/4 cup of tamarind juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of coriander leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Beerakaya Pappu:
- Pressure cook the soaked lentil with turmeric powder, chopped ridge gourd, onion, tomato, green chilies and 1 & 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. Mash well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with mustard seeds & dry red chilies. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic, urad dal, asafoetida & curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add coriander powder, cumin powder & red chilli powder. Give it a stir..
- Add the boiled dal, tamarind & salt. Simmer on a low flame for 2-3 minutes..
- When done, switch off the flame and add coriander leaves..
- Serve with hot steamed rice..
This is a comfort dal served with steamed rice along with Avakaya Pickle. When we talk about Beerakaya Pappu, I will always remember how it has been since the time I was married and how this dal was made at home. Beerakaya Gatti Pappu is a thick dal with toor dal, ridge gourd, and garlic tempering. You can serve as a side dish or can be mixed with rice. A traditional Andhra dal, this is a very delicious one to enjoy.
If you find this Beerakaya Pappu recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.