Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Dal Dhokli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dal Dhokli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal Dhokli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your Health Can Be Impacted By The Foods You Choose To Eat.
Something that some of you may already understand is that by eating the right foods can have a huge effect on your health. One of the foods you really should be avoiding is just about any foods you get at a fast food place. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted effects can be really bad. You will be pleased to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you should be eating every day.
Among the first varieties of foods you should be eating plenty of, is various berries. You will discover that most berries have massive amounts of Vitamin C that you must understand is good for your body. One more thing you will realize is that the antioxidants in berries will be higher than just about any other food that you may select to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Another thing you will notice that these antioxidants can help you with is keeping your cells healthy, this can help one’s body to fight off a number of diseases.
If you determine that your health is important to you, you need to take these recommendations to heart. Also if you eliminate all the processed foods that you should not be eating anyway, you will probably find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dal dhokli recipe. To make dal dhokli you need 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Dal Dhokli:
- Provide 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentil).
- Use 3/4 cup of atta, (wheat flour).
- Get to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp. of chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of ajwain (carrom seeds).
- Provide 2 tbsp. of peanuts.
- Provide 1 tsp. of sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- Provide 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Provide 1 tsp. of ghee (clarified butter).
- Get 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Use 2 of whole dry red chilies.
- Use leaves of few curry.
- Prepare pinch of asafoetida.
- Provide 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Dal Dhokli:
- Pressure cook the dal in 1 cup water till soft. Knead the flour with salt, ajwain, 1/2 tsp. chilli powder, 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder and oil into a stiff dough. Keep aside..
- Take a pan and mix together the boiled dal, salt, rest of the chilli and turmeric powder, sugar, tamarind paste and peanuts and simmer for 2-3 minutes on low flame after it comes to a boil..
- Meanwhile, form equal portions of the prepared dough and roll out each one into a circle. Cut strips and add to the boiling dal. At this point more water can be added if the gravy becomes thick. (the whole preparation should be semi liquid). Cook further for 5-6 minutes. Keep aside..
- Heat ghee in a pan and temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds, whole red chilies, curry leaves and asafoetida. Add to the boiled dal and simmer for a minute or two. Serve, hot garnished with coriander leaves..
Dal dhokli has a mild sweet and spicy flavor. Dal dhokli also makes a delightful one dish meal. Dal Dhokli is a spicy, satisfying, and sumptuous one pot meal made by boiling lightly spiced wheat flour dumplings in a lentil base. Then for a final touch a spicy tempering is added to this cooked dal dhokli. What is the difference between Rajasthani dal dhokli and Gujarati dal dhokli?
If you find this Dal Dhokli recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.