Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Gongura Pappu recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Gongura Pappu recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Gongura Pappu recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Your State Of Health Can Be Affected By The Foods You Choose To Consume.
Many folks do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can negatively effect your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the various foods that you will get at all of those take out places. These sorts of foods are filled with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the food items that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Your overall health can be greatly enhanced by simply eating plenty of berries. The first thing you will find out about berries is just about any type of berry has a lot of vitamin C. Another thing you will recognize is that the antioxidants in berries is actually higher than just about any other food that you may choose to eat and this can aid with your circulatory system. Another thing you will recognize that these antioxidants can help you with will be keeping your cells healthy, this can help your system to fight off a number of diseases.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to gongura pappu recipe. You can cook gongura pappu using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Gongura Pappu:
- Get 1/2 cup of tuvar dal (pigeon pea lentil), soaked for 30 minutes.
- You need 2-3 cups of gongura (sorrel) leaves, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Get 1 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 of green chilies, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of " ginger, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped (opt).
- Get 1-2 tbsp. of oil.
- Get 2-3 of whole dry red chilies.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- Provide 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Use 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Provide 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Gongura Pappu:
- Pick only the leaves. Wash well and drain..
- Pressure cook the lentils, greens, salt, turmeric powder, onion, green chilies, ginger and tomatoes for 5-6 whistles..
- Mash them slightly and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan & temper with dry red chilies, mustard seeds & cumin seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic, urad dal & curry leaves. Saute for some time and pour this tempering over the prepared dal..
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve with plain steamed rice..
Gongura pappu is a dal (lentil) stew made with sour greens gongura &nbs. Gongura pappu – an Andhra special dal recipe with gongura or roselle leaves, toor dal, and Indian spices Gongura is also known as roselle leaves. They grow extensively in coastal regions of Andhra Pradesh throughout the year. This gongura pappu will be tangy and very tasty with earthy flavor from roselle leaves. Gongura = Sorrel leaves = a green leafy vegetable.
If you find this Gongura Pappu recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.