Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
Something that some of you may already recognize is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. It’s also advisable to understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. You will recognize that the nutrition in these sorts of is non existent and the unwanted effects will be really bad. For this reason we are going to be going over the food items that you should be ingesting that will have a positive effect on your health.
Although some of you like to have your snack foods, as opposed to reaching for the potato chips try grabbing some nuts. You will come to find that these snack items tend to be loaded with Omega-3 and Omega-6, although some nuts as well as seeds will have much more than others. Your entire body will use these types of fatty acids as a foundation for creating hormones which your body demands to stay healthy. Some of these hormones that are needed can only be created by having these fatty acids in your diet.
For those of you who want to start living a more healthy life the tips above are able to help you do that. One thing that you ought to actually avoid is all of the processed foods which you can buy in the stores, and start preparing fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pea soup recipe. To cook pea soup you need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pea Soup:
- You need 1 lb of Dried Split Peas.
- Use 2 of quartz water.
- Prepare 1.5 lb of ham steak; diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 Package (2 links) of Eckrich skinless smoked sausage; halved & chopped.
- Prepare 2 Stalks of Celery; peeled & chopped.
- Take 3 of Carrots; peeled & chopped.
- Provide 1/2 bag of golden baby potatoes; quartered.
- Get 2 of yellow onions; diced.
Instructions to make Pea Soup:
- In a large dutch oven add peas and 2qts water.
- Simmer for 2 min, turn off heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour (or soak peas overnight).
- Add ham, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered, gently, for 90 minutes; stir often.
- Add sausage, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 min, or until potatoes are tender; stir often.
To make it thinner, reduce the amount of split peas or add more water. Depending on the density of split peas, it may take a while for the vegetables and peas to soften, but you can't really overcook this soup; just stir occasionally, and add water if it gets too dry. Add split peas, chicken stock, thyme, bay leaves, and seared ham hock to the pot and bring to a boil. Pea and mint soup fits the bill here—you will be delighted by its simplicity. Sweet, refreshing, and cooling, fresh summer peas and garden mint are a match made in heaven.
If you find this Pea Soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.