Indexlicious.com – Potatoe and bacon soup – Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potatoe and bacon soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potatoe and bacon soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potatoe and bacon soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already realize that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the conclusion of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some hints to be as healthy as possible.
When you go to the grocery store, be smart about it. Making good decisions when shopping for groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home immediately and eat something great. Make sure that what you have on hand is healthy. This way—even if you choose something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You need to help to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potatoe and bacon soup recipe. You can cook potatoe and bacon soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Potatoe and bacon soup:
- You need 12 oz of maple flavored bacon (you can use any kind, this was heavenly tho).
- Take 1 of About 7 or 8 med potaoes (peeled and diced in small cubes).
- Provide 5 of stalks of celery, diced.
- Get 1 medium of onion, diced.
- Provide 2 can of evaporated milk.
- You need 1 tsp of basil (add to your taste).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of dry minced onion.
Instructions to make Potatoe and bacon soup:
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes with the flour and dry minced onion, stir to coat all the potatoes. Set aside..
- In a large skillet over med high heat start to brown the bacon, add a lil pepper to it and cook til almost turning crispy. Add your diced onion and continue to cook til onion is cooked thru and bacon has browned. Stir in your diced celery and let cook for a few minutes, about 5 min or so..
- Get a big pot and put on top of stove and get it preheated over med high heat. Pour everything from the skillet into the pot, drippings and all! Add your potatoe mixture and stir and let cook for about 2 min while stirring. Cover the potatoe mixture with water til its just over top of everything. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally until it comes to a full boil..
- Next pour in the evaporated milk and continue to cook once it starts to boil turn heat down and let simmer for about 20 min. Add in your basil and salt and pepper to taste and garlic powder. Cook this for about another 30 min. Soup should thicken up while cooking. Once your veggies are tender and soup has thickened its done!.
- Top with cheddar cheese or any other topping you would like..
How to Make Potato Bacon Soup. Start by cooking diced bacon until crispy in a large soup pot. Pour out the bacon fat and reserve it in a bowl. On a cutting board, cut the potatoes int quarters. Return the empty pot to medium heat with the bacon fat.
If you find this Potatoe and bacon soup recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.