Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Foods You Choose To Eat Will Certainly Effect Your Health.
With regards to the foods that you eat, you will recognize that your overall health can be effected either positively or perhaps negatively. Its also wise to understand that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be most food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These types of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. On this page we are going to be going over foods that you need to be eating that can help you stay healthy and balanced.
Your primary meals should also contain fish including salmon or perhaps lean proteins, as these will also be in a position to help your health. The fact that salmon is also loaded with Omega-3 is just one of the reasons why it is a good choice, but it also contains other necessary nutrients you’ll need. Protein is vital for your diet, however you do not need to eat a lot, as a 3 ounces is all you really need. To be able to minimize your fat intake you should cut off any noticeable fat before you cook the meats.
By following a few of the suggestions above you will see that you’ll be living a healthier life. The pre packaged highly processed foods that you can discover in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh nourishing foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to puran poli (or vedmi – gujarati style) recipe. To cook puran poli (or vedmi – gujarati style) you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style):
- Take of For the dough.
- Provide 1.5 cups of plain flour.
- Use pinch of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of oil.
- Prepare of For the filling.
- Get 1 cup of Tuvar dal (split pigeon pea lentils).
- Get 2 tbsp of Jaggery grated. sugar can be an option.
- Provide 5 of Cardamom pods or 1tsp cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut (grated).
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee/butter.
- Provide of Optional.
- Provide 1 tbsp of grated coconut.
Steps to make Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style):
- Take a bowl, wash the tuvar dal 3 times with water. Then soak in water for 2-3 hours. After draining the water, boil it with fresh 1/2 cup water. When the dal is soft, let it cool. If you are using a pressure cooker to boil it, do so until it whistles 2-3 times (medium heat)..
- If the water in step 1 is too much or liquidy, drain the excess water so you would be left with boiled dal alone..
- Take a frying pan or any other pan. On medium flame add ghee and let it melt. Add the cooled dal to the pan. Mix jaggery/sugar as per your taste and stir well. Add cardamom powder add grated coconut to it and stir. In some minutes (about 4-5 minutes) it will be dry as shown in picture. Set it aside to cool..
- Take flour in a bowl, add oil and salt as per the ingredients and knead into a dough with water. It should be a little soft not hard. Cover the dough and leave for 15 or 20 min..
- Form balls out of that dal which we have prepared as per the picture. Form dough balls and roll in the hand to ensure it is round. Take a roti stand or on a clean platform surface using a roller pin roll the dough ball. When it is rolled enough to hold a filling, add the dal ball into the dough, close it properly (picture 2) and roll again using a rolling pin. Ensure it does not crack or break. And maintain the thickness as in the picture..
- Warm a frying pan on medium heat and heat the roti. You can apply ghee on the top side of the roti while the other side cooks. Let it cook until you see bubbles formed or light brown spots or until the roti rises perfectly. Turn it to the other side, apply ghee on the this new top side and let it cook for some minutes. Overturn again, heat for a minute, and it would be ready..
- Serve in a plate topped with warm ghee (if you love ghee, or leave it dry). Best served with Khatti meethi daal (sweet & sour daal made from the excess liquid obtained sometimes when boiling the tuvar dal)..
It is sweet flat bread serve with Guajarati undhiyu. Great recipe for Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style). This is an Ahmedabad version of Puran poli, my grandmom's recipe. Puran poli/VedmiPuran Poli /Vedmi is an Indian flatbread stuffed with sweet lentil filling. It is known as Puran Poli in Maharashtra and Vedmi in Gujarat.
If you find this Puran poli (or Vedmi – Gujarati Style) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.