Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing The Right Foods Will Help You Stay Fit And Also Healthy.
On the subject of the foods that you eat, you will find that your overall health can be effected either positively or even negatively. Something that you shouldn’t eat no matter what is the various foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. These kinds of foods are filled with bad fat and also have hardly any nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
You have to remember your parents telling you to make sure you eat your vegetables, that is simply because this is extremely important for a healthy and balanced body. Along with possessing many different vitamins and minerals, you will in addition find that some vegetables also have potassium. You will find that one of the vegetables we are discussing is broccoli, which is packed with potassium. You will additionally find that a salad, made with spinach as opposed to lettuce, can provide your body with many more necessary nutrients.
If you determine that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these suggestions to heart. One thing that you need to actually avoid is all of the processed foods that you can easily purchase in the stores, and start cooking fresh foods for your meals.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to rachaels split pea and ham soup recipe. To make rachaels split pea and ham soup you need 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- You need 1 packages of dry split peas.
- Get 1 of ham bone with scraps.
- Get 4 of celery (chopped).
- Take 1 large of cubed sweet potato.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Get 3 tbsp of chopped garlic.
Steps to make Rachaels Split pea and ham soup:
- Pour the split peas in a pot with 2 quarts of water, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer until they are softened. (the amount of water can change with the size of your bag of peas so you should cook according to what your directions suggest).
- In a separate pot bring the ham bone and scraps, celery tops and bottoms, onion chopped in half, garlic and carrot scraps to a boil in 2 1/2 quarts of water..
- After about an hour and a half strain the broth pot and add it to the split pea pot and mix in remaining ingredients. If you want extra ham you can add some now. Cook until thickened and the veggies are cooked through. (about another 45 minute).
Place all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Drain the peas and set aside. Place in a pot, cover with water and bring to a. Old-Fashioned Split Pea Soup with Ham Bone Not only is this old-fashioned favorite a snap to make but it's economical, too. Carrots, celery and onion accent the subtle flavor of the split peas, while a ham bone adds a meaty touch to this hearty soup.
If you find this Rachaels Split pea and ham soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.