Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Meals You Pick To Consume Are Going To Effect Your Health.
Something that some of you may already know is that by eating the right foods can have a massive effect on your health. Something that you should not eat no matter what is the different foods that you will acquire at all of those fast food places. You will notice that the nutrition in these kinds of is non existent and the unwanted side effects can be really bad. You will be delighted to know that we are going to let you know a few of the foods that you need to be ingesting every day.
Also when you are looking for a snack to hold you over between meals, reach for a handful of nuts or perhaps seeds. One of many health benefits of these nuts and seeds would be the Omega-3 and Omega-6 that can be found in them. These fatty acids are essential to helping your body produce the proper quantities of hormones your body needs for a healthy way of life. If you don’t get the fatty acids you need your body will actually not be able to generate a few of the hormones that it requires.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you should take these recommendations to heart. The pre packaged processed foods that you can get in any store is in addition not good for you and alternatively you should be cooking fresh healthy foods.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to split pea and bacon soup recipe. To make split pea and bacon soup you need 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Split Pea and Bacon Soup:
- You need 1 small of onion.
- Use 1 large of carrot, diced.
- Take 1 lb of dried split peas, rinsed.
- Use 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 cup of chicken or vegetable stock.
- Take 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 oz of bacon ends, diced small.
Steps to make Split Pea and Bacon Soup:
- In large Dutch oven, cook the bacon over medium heat until most of the fat has rendered. Reserve a few bits of bacon for garnish. Spoon off all but one tablespoon of bacon fat. Keep the bacon fat in a clean container in your freezer, and use it for other things like roasting potatoes, eggs, chickens, etc..
- Add vegetables to pot. Let them cook until vegetables have softened and onion is translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add peas and toss with vegetables until evenly coated with bacon fat. Add bay leaves, stock, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Let simmer until peas are tender, about 45-60 minutes. Periodically skim the top of soup of grease. If soup seems too thick, thin out with more stock or water..
- When peas are tender, you can leave the soup alone if you want it chunky. I like to purée the soup so it is creamier. Just stick an immersion blender into soup and blend as much as you like. You can also transfer half of soup to regular blender or food processor, then add the blended soup back to the unblended half..
A thick and creamy, split pea base is loaded with veggies, seasonings and lots of bacon for a delicious meal that is perfect with a side of grilled cheese. It's soup season, my favorite time of the year! I have always cooked my split pea soup on the stove but wanted to try using a slow cooker. Sauté bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until crisp and brown. Instant Pot Split Pea and Bacon Soup is a tasty, smoky take on the classic split pea soup recipe.
If you find this Split Pea and Bacon Soup recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.