Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding On The Best Foods May Help You Stay Fit And Healthy.
Many people do not realize that the foods you decide on can either help you to be healthy or can adversely effect your health. It’s also advisable to comprehend that there are foods that you’ll want to avoid at all costs and that would be the majority of food you find at the fast food chain restaurants. These sorts of foods are filled with bad fat and also have little or no nutritional value. That is why we are going to be going over the foods that you should be eating that will have a positive effect on your health.
Furthermore when it comes to having a dessert soon after your meals you should consider having various citrus fruits. Together with vitamin C, you will realize that there are many other health benefits that you will find in these types of fruits. One desert that I have always enjoyed is orange pieces combined together with shredded coconut and mixed together with a mild honey dressing.
If you decide that your overall health is important to you, you need to take these tips to heart. Also if you cut out all the processed foods that you really should not be eating anyway, you may find that you could end up living a longer life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow split pea-sweet potato corn chowder recipe. You can cook yellow split pea-sweet potato corn chowder using 20 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder:
- Take 1 lb of dry yellow split peas, rinsed.
- Prepare 2 of sweet potatoes, pealed and diced (approx 4 cups).
- Get 1 of red onion, diced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Get 1 cup of frozen yellow corn.
- Get 1 of green Granny Smith apple, cored and diced.
- Take 1 of jalapeño, diced (optional).
- Use 8 cups of water.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Take 1 Tbs of ginger, fresh minced.
- Provide 1 Tbs of garlic, fresh minced.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of corse sea salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chipotle powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Use 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Get 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Use 4 springs of fresh Italian Parsley, diced.
- Prepare of Diced green onions, garnish.
Instructions to make Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder:
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño in olive oil, until soft. Add some water to keep moist or from sticking to pan..
- Add ginger and garlic and continue to sauté for a few minutes..
- Add sweet potatoes and apple and a little water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add split peas, 8 cups of water, bay leaves and bring to boil. Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add the remainder of ingredients: corn, thyme, chipotle, paprika, tumeric, nutmeg, and salt..
- Continue to simmer on medium heat for 20 Minutes.
- Add ground pepper or more salt to taste and fresh Italian parsley. Remove bay leaves at this time..
- Blend in batches, leaving 1/4 of soup in the pot, and blend until smooth and stir puréed soup back in pot with the remaining batch. Bring to boil and remove from heat. Should be nice and thick..
- Garnish with diced green onions, enjoy..
- Nutrition per 1 cup serving.
Add the corn, chicken stock, heavy cream and sherry vinegar. Add garlic and red pepper and cook for a few minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour in the stock, split peas, potato, corn and season with salt and pepper. Use an immersion blender to partially puree the soup – it is nice to keep some texture. Sling the butter into a soup kettle and melt over medium-high heat.
If you find this Yellow Split Pea-Sweet Potato Corn Chowder recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.